Thursday, January 1, 2015

Liking the new Crock Pot

I had my eye on this when I saw it a few months ago at Menards.  Good job filling my wish-list, Kainan.













 I took pictures and posted to a shopping tips album I keep on my personal Facebook page early November 2014.













Folks gave me feedback they had seen it at Wal-Mart and other big box stores as well.  I added it to my wish-list as I do like slow cookers.












I have a few crocks in various capacity sizes.  Maybe a few too many to some folks, lol.  But, they are a blessing when cooking for a crowd.  And a big blessing when I want a home cooked meal but not be stuck in a kitchen for hours preparing it.

This one is VERY cool in that the casserole crock part can be used in the oven (not the lid), kept warm in the crock... or after cooking in the crock then browning the top in the oven.





Something I did notice was that cheaper plastic, not as long term durable, seemed to be used on the handles and latches.  It wasn't just Crock-Pot brand either.  I noted that various brands of small kitchen appliances seemed to be made cheaper than older products stored in cupboarda at home.  





I cooked a basic cheese-rice-broccoli casserole Christmas weekend.  It did great.  I started it in the crock.  Then, after I had a roast in the oven, I took out the casserole crock and popped it in the oven to finish the rice dish.  It browned up just right :)   I then took it out and kept it in the crock warmer until I was ready to put away leftovers after supper.  The best part, it cleaned up without soaking or hard scrubbing -even where the cheese had browned on the white crock edges in the oven.  


Today, I put in a 2 pound thin beef roast I had gotten on sale at Kroger, with four softball sized potatoes from our garden food storage, one medium onion from our garden food storage, half a bag of baby carrots, and a few good shakes of Lowery's season salt.  I put in enough water to come up to the first edge of the crock.  I wanted to have a lot of liquid for leftover veggie soup base on Saturday.  


Yum... so very yum!




You can look at more information on it here:
Crock-Pot Casserole Crock, Red Crock-Pot http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MN0EXQM/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_irCPub07ZFRNN

or here:
http://www.crock-pot.com/specialty/new%21-casserole-crock%E2%84%A2-slow-cooker/SCCPCCM350-CR.html#start=4


Life, live it in the present, not the past or future.
-Thursa.

1 comment: