Friday, January 13, 2012

Mrs. Ayers binders

I purchased a large lot of binders at an area auction a couple years ago. Mrs. Gertrude Ayers painstakingly maintained binders on all holiday event newspaper clippings, all local obituaries, and area news. Amazing collection. I will be working on a blog of the vast amount of information in the future. The information is from about the 1960s to the early 2000s.

Some of Mrs. Ayers binders I have yet to pour over.


I started with the heavier duty binders and then worked my way through some of the rougher, older not really good for long term storage binders. These are what I have pulled so far of obituaries she had painstakingly saved for years.



One of Mrs. Ayers binders that was packed full of clippings she had carefully glued to sheets of paper and inserted in sheet protectors. This one I found interesting as it had the tag from Murphy's.  That was the 5 & 10 store on the east side of the Winchester courthouse square.



A large stack of obituaries she hadn't gotten filed. They have old paperclips holding many in bundles, likely from a week's worth of newspapers.

I can not find the cable to connect my "wireless" printer to my laptop as it seems it needs to be reset. So annoying.  Once I solve that mystery, I'll scan pages and start loading up the years of local history she saved over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment